The winning short films will win determined amounts of cash prizes and will be published on the Chautauqua Tonight YouTube channel and website. You’re welcome to register as late as July 7th at 6pm. Just make sure we receive your registration information and fee by then so you can begin filming.
- Registration costs $20. The registering producer receives an Insomniac T-shirt and TWO tickets to the screening.
- Team members pay $3 to get into the screening and $8 per T-shirt.
- Your short film must be between 2 and 5 minutes in length.
- Please keep in mind a family friendly tone. Nothing worse than an average PG-13 rating.
- You must use at least THREE of the provided elements in your film. Be as creative as possible.
- Your entry must be finished and received by July 8th at 6 pm.
- By submitting your short film, we have full use of it in part or whole in any of our publications online or in print as part of our current or future publications and marketing. This includes any of our affiliate publications. You retain full rights to your short film including the rights to publish, sell, or submit it elsewhere.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of judges. Their decisions are final.
THE PROVIDED ELEMENTS
- Will be handed to you in person and/or emailed to your registered email address.
- Fill out the entire submission form.
- Remember, your short film must be between 2 and 5 minutes in length.
- Please use the file format .mp4, .mov, .wmv, or .avi to submit your entry.
- Please make sure to include the full title in the file name.
WHAT YOUR FILM IS JUDGED ON
- Your short film will be judged on creativity including the use of the provided elements, keeping the viewer’s attention, and general story and character development.
- The screening date is July 16th at the Willow Bay Theater (21 E 3rd St, Jamestown, NY 14701).
- Doors open at 2:30 pm. The festival starts at 3 pm promptly.
- Tickets are $3 presale and $5 at the door. You can contact Paul (email@example.com) or Lily (firstname.lastname@example.org) to purchase presale tickets. Presale tickets will also be available for purchase July 5th at the Brazil Craft Beer & Wine Lounge fundraiser.
- If you have any questions or issues submitting your short film, please contact Paul Schermerhorn at email@example.com
- Please include “Insomniac 2017 Help” in the subject line.
READY TO REGISTER?